Take a Tour
VANKA MURALS: SPECIAL NOTICE TO VISITORS
Beginning November 18th, Vanka Murals Tours are suspended through December 17th.
The health and wellness of our community, visitors, volunteers and staff are our top priority, and in accordance with Allegheny County’s COVID-19-related stay-at-home advisory issued on November 18, 2020, we are suspending our public and private tours of the Vanka Murals effective immediately. We will pause tours for the duration of the advisory which is currently in place for 30 days (through Dec. 17, 2020).
Please stay home and safe, and follow the public health recommendations for prevention and containment from the CDC and Allegheny County Health Department. We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Murals soon.
When tours resume, new policies and procedures remain in place.
- Advance Reservations including a signed COVID-19 policy form for each attendee are required. There are no walk-up admissions at this time. If you are unable to use our online registration system below, please email: email@example.com to make your reservations.
- Only one public or private tour per day. Public tours will be at 11AM on Saturdays for the foreseeable future. Private tours may be requested, but group size is limited to 20. Please note that private tours may not be immediately accommodated due to limited volunteer availability.
- All tours will be limited to 25 including tour volunteers, and physical distancing must be maintained.
- Masks must be worn at all times on the St. Nicholas campus. Visitors are expected to bring their own mask. A Vanka Murals mask is available for purchase here. A limited number of disposable masks will be available but are not guaranteed.
- No onsite payments for merchandise, tours and/or donations. Merchandise may be purchased in advance for pickup during tour hours. Admission payments ($10 per person) should be made online. If cash or check (payable to SPMMMV) is necessary and/or preferred, it must be mailed in advance or presented in a sealed envelope at registration.
- All Visitors should arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour and must wait outside the Church until invited in by a volunteer.
We can’t wait to see you. Our thanks in advance for your patience as we adjust to these new and essential protocols for our tours.
A 60-minute docent-guided tour of the murals is a fascinating glimpse into Vanka’s art and the experiences that shaped his ideas. Docents discuss Vanka’s early life, his success in Europe and his life in America.
Admission: $10 per person. Tour admission and merchandise purchases support SPMMMV’s mission to save, preserve and share the unique Murals of Maxo Vanka through conservation, education and celebration.
Advance registration is required. A signed Vanka Murals COVID-19 Policy for each visitor must be received prior to entrance to the Church. Masks must be worn.
Admission payment is requested. You may pre-pay via the “Tour Admission” button below. If you cannot make an online payment, please mail your cash or check (payable to SPMMMV) to Vanka Murals, 24 Maryland Ave, Millvale, PA 15209. If needed, you may put your cash or check in a sealed envelope for presentation at registration.
Please note: St. Nicholas is not open to the public on a daily basis. Mural viewing is limited to Saturday tours and private tours by appointment which are subject to the conditions listed below.
Tours may be cancelled or postponed due to Church activities.
SPMMMV provides private tours for groups of up to 20 people. We request a minimum of 8 to confirm a reservation on the preferred time and date. Private tour requests for less than 8 people will be accommodated as soon as possible in combination with other groups.
We strongly recommend that you contact us at least one week in advance for private tours to allow for scheduling and staffing. Your tour is not scheduled until it is confirmed via email by a Vanka Murals’ staff member. Private tours are not available on Saturdays or before 12:30PM on Wednesdays. Request a Tour below.
Questions or scheduling problems: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message: 412-407-2570.
The church is located at 24 Maryland Avenue, Millvale, PA 15209, minutes from downtown, just off Route 28 at the Millvale exit.
Please consider making your tour donation a monthly contribution to support the future of Maxo Vanka’s Murals. Your sustaining gift makes conservation, lighting and public access possible. Thank You!
SATURDAY TOUR Registration.
Help us prepare for your arrival and support our efforts to demonstrate the growing audience for the Murals to potential funders.
Advanced registration also guarantees notice of last minute delays or cancellations due to Church activities.
Your tour is not scheduled until it is confirmed via email by a Vanka Murals’ staff member.
SPMMMV’s private tour minimum is 8 guests or an $80 donation. If the requesting group is less than 8, SPMMMV reserves the right to combine the visit with a previously scheduled tour.